6 FUN TIPS ON TAKING A GREAT HEADSHOT
Tired of taking boring headshots that make you look like a constipated robot? Well, fear not, for we have the ultimate guide to taking a headshot that will make you look like an absolute weapon!
1. Find your inner-model. Before you even pick up your camera, practice your ‘Blue Steel’ face in the mirror. Bonus points if you can make one eye slightly smaller than the other. At the very least, this will help loosen you up and have fun with your headshot shoot.
2. Natural lighting is all you need for a classic headshot. No need for fancy studio lights or reflectors if you don’t have them, just head outside and let Mother Nature work her magic. Just make sure to check for stray branches or power lines so you don’t need too take these out in Photoshop.
3. Get a little crazy. Don’t be afraid to try something different. Want to take a headshot while doing a handstand? Go for it! Just make sure to have a friend nearby to spot you.
4. Dress to impress. Wear your favourite outfit and add a pop of colour with a bold tie or statement necklace. And for the love of all that is holy, please iron your clothes.
5. Don’t forget the background. A plain wall may be boring, but a beautiful sunset or a cityscape can add some serious wow factor to your headshot.
6. Have fun! The most important thing to remember is to have fun and enjoy yourself. Smile, laugh, and give your personality some room to breathe.
So there you have it, folks. Follow these tips and you’ll be on your way to taking
a headshot that will make everyone do a double take. Now go forth and conquer
the world, one headshot at a time!READ MORE ARTICLES